Friday, August 2, 2019

30A - Final Reflection

     After reading all of my posts for this class as well as most of the comments that were given to me, I can clearly see how this project has evolved from a random idea that I had one night in Gainesville with my roommates into a possible entrepreneur masterpiece. Usually when one has a sporadic business idea, it pretty much just stays an idea for a really long time. This class, however, has given me the opportunity to expand on my idea, have a little bit of fun with it, and learn valuable skills along the way.
     The most formative experience was definitely the first time that I received a positive feedback for this product. It was pretty cool to see how your random idea that you thought was never going to evolve to anything actual intrigues other people and creates interest. Also, it gave me confirmation that the idea was not stupid so that was a plus. Years later I will remember some of the key things that I spoke with some of the people that helped me throughout this project with my questions.
     My most joyous experience was actually coming up with the idea in the first place. My roommates in Gainesville and I had a strong bond and we would stay up for hours just talking. In one of those random nights, the idea was formed. This is my most joyous moment because I will always treasure and remember the memories that I had when living in Gainesville and the friendships that I made from coming up with weird things such as this one on an every-day basis.
     I am most proud of how hard I worked in order to get some of the responses I needed for my post, especially when we had to contact industry professionals. Pushing myself out of my comfort zone when I had to do that is what I am most proud of.
     Although I feel that I had a similar mindset to an entrepreneur's, I still do not think of myself or see myself as an entrepreneur since unfortunately my passions lie elsewhere. However, it was pretty cool to pretend for a while as I learned some cool things along the way.
     The recommendation that I would make to students in the future is to be prepared to make way more research than expected, and to know that it is normal if the concept makes no sense at first, because it will work out in the end once you get other people's opinions. Also, do not forget to declare your posts and peer review!

1 comment:

  1. Great Diego, Go! Thats really cool that you were able to create this idea with the help of your good friends. I really liked your idea from the start because its something I could see myself doing when I have extra income in the future. I also agree with your recommendation that other's opinions will really help the next generation of student's products.

    ReplyDelete