Friday, June 28, 2019

14A- Halfway Reflection

1. Tenacious is a competency:
     In order to complete this course, and be an entrepreneur, one has to recognize and accept the fact that the first draft of your product will not be perfect and that there is important feedback that others can give you that can help your product out. With that being said, you are tenacious when you learn that one needs to continue modifying and attempting different models of the product in order to develop one that actually sells.

2. Tenaciousness is also about attitude:
     A moment when I felt like giving up was when I made some mistakes while at my new internship. Knowing all of the risks that I took when taking this internship, it was really a pain to feel that I was very close to losing it all over a tiny misjudgment and making a mistake.
     What helped me pull through was guidance and advice mostly from my parental figures, as they explained to me that it is normal to make mistakes and what matters most is how you stand back up when you are down. I do feel that I have developed a tenacious attitude since I went through that situation, and my progress with this class, since I have had to constantly think and make adjustments to my product.

3. Three tips:
     Three tips that I would offer next semester's students are: 1) be prepared to make changes, 2) listen to others tips, advices and thoughts, and 3) As long as you like what you are doing, you will be motivated and therefore successful. With these skills, one would develop a 'tenacious mindset.'

2 comments:

  1. Hello Diego,

    Your advice is very helpful to anyone who is taking the entrepreneurship course or planning on being an entrepreneur. It is so true that the first draft for a business plan won’t be the final business plan. Throughout this course, we were able to give and receive feedback about our ideas, then modify them after interviewing potential customers. Also, mistakes are normal and part of the journey to success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey diego! I really like your first point that people shouldn't get caught up on their first product or draft because it could always be changing. I'm glad to hear that your support system was effective enough to bring you back confidence at your internship. I'm sure you will learn from your mistake and show them how great of an asset you can truly be.

    ReplyDelete