Friday, June 28, 2019

16A –What’s Your Secret Sauce?

1) Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique. 
I consider myself a really hard worker and fast-learner over topics that I am passionate about. I would also label myself relatively open-minded, as I typically like to analyze all points of views before reaching a conclusion. Another unique feature about me is that I am pretty shy when I have not broken the communication barrier with others, but can be very outgoing once I feel comfortable. I put happiness above all else since I believe that it is not money or professional success that matters most in this world, but rather the relationships and memories that I create. Lastly, my focus makes me unique. I tend to believe that I can work harder than you, which makes me very focused. 

2) Interview the five people who know you the best. 
1- I interviewed my sister, who said that I was ambitious and hard-working.
https://soundcloud.com/user-960319070/secret-sauce-1
2- I interviewed my mother, who said I was passionate and have a big heart.
https://soundcloud.com/user-960319070/mom-describing-me
3- I interviewed my friend Gabriel, who said that I like to spend time with people.
https://soundcloud.com/user-960319070/secret-sauce-3
4- I interviewed my friend Santiago, who said that I can be a problem solver.
https://soundcloud.com/user-960319070/santi
5- I interviewed my Dad, who said that I am a nice guy. 
https://soundcloud.com/user-960319070/dad

3) Reflect on the differences. 
It's kinda cool and kinda weird to have other people describe you. For the most part, however, the words that I used to describe myself vs the words that others would use to describe myself were fairly similar. Others see me as hard-working, showing great effort at all times, and a genuinely nice guy to be around. I do not think that there were really any differences but just used other similar words that I had not thought about previously. I would not make any corrections to the list because those were the words that I chose to best describe myself, whether it is wrong or right, it is my point of view of my life, so it could be the most accurate but it could also be the most biased.

3 comments:

  1. We cam not the same conclusion. What others we are close to think of us is normally quite similar to what we think of ourselves. We are so close to them that our mindsets are very similar. You seem like a nice dude, so I agree with everyone on that. It would be cool to see how people think about us that we don't know. Like if we interviewed random classmates, I wonder the difference on what people would say. I think that would be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Diego,
    After reading and listening to your interviews, I was reminded of what my interviewees said. The way my interviewees describe me and the way I describe myself were very similar. I also like to know all the details and see every perspective before I make decisions. I also found it interesting to have other people describe me, because I don’t usually ask people to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Diego! It's always nice to be assured that the people around you view you the same way that you view yourself. Being a hardworker, generally nice person, and always putting in 100% effort are definitely very important factors that will really help you in the future. I really liked your emphasis on other's and your own happiness above superficial things like money/objects.

    ReplyDelete