Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Get to Know Me a Little


     Hi, my name is Diego and I am a 12th grader at Cypress Bay High School. I was born in Caracas, Venezuela and migrated to the United States at the age of 10. Not knowing a word of English was a tremendous disadvantage for me when moving to this country. However, a few months into school, I became accustomed to the language and began speaking it fluently with my friends. Leaving my hometown of Venezuela was definitely one of the greatest challenges I have ever had to face, as I was forced to leave the country who watched me grow up, with the amazing ambiance and friendly, loving people who have been around me since the day that I was born. Venezuela was, and will always be, my home. The tears that I cried out, prior and post to moving, represent my lost of self by leaving that country.


     I have decided to do a film opening for this project because I felt that it gave me the best chance to display my fullest potential and simple because, it is a lot more fun. Although I have not decided exactly what I want to do for my film opening, I do have a small idea of something that I myself can relate to as this is my senior year and I will be leaving to college soon.




Venezuela Flag Map. Digital image. N.p., n.d. Web.
UF Gators Logo. Digital image. N.p., n.d. Web.

No comments:

Post a Comment