Tuesday, March 22, 2016

My Target Audience


    So to get a better understanding of what I am looking to produce within my film, I decided to research on my target audience to gather information on the target audiences' preferences and customs.
    Since my film is a Romantic Drama, I have realized that my target audience is mostly female, although not limited to just females as some males do in fact enjoy romantic dramas, from the age of 12-24 years old. This audience enjoys to watch films that include a couple who go through a conflict or struggle within their relationship, such as: financial problems, physical illness (The Fault in Our Stars), psychological restraints (The Vow), discrimination (Brokeback Mountain), or a family that tries to break up the unity of love.
    I also realized that the men (or women) who do not like to watch romantic dramas typically think that they are "boring," "all the same," and "non-relatable to themselves." To attract more male audience members, especially teenagers, my film will not be boring and will be original and very relatable to male teens because it will revolve around the story of a teenage couple who are forced to separate because of college (something a lot of teenagers have to experience since they do go to a post-secondary school). Also, because it is a university and this new teenage generation does party at a much younger age than ever before, the film will incorporate party scenes including alcohol and sexual activities that will make the romantic drama a more desirable film to watch and attract a wider make audience.
    Based on my research, I discovered that actors of a specific age group attract audience members of that age group. Therefore, since my characters will be teenagers that are soon going to college, more teenage viewers will be inclined to watch this film. Also, I discovered that actors of romantic films are typically either American or British.
    Lastly, my research indicated that, within romantic dramas, music is often employed to indicate the emotional mood, creating an atmosphere of greater insulation for the couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment