Monday, March 14, 2016

Thanks, classmates!

     I walked into my classroom on Friday with a general idea of what I wanted to do with my film opening but no way to really elaborate on my idea, as I was not sure how I wanted to establish setting and character or did not know any details to include within my opening. However, my classmates helped me out on giving me a couple of ideas to make my project look better.
     Sound- I was very indecisive on whether I wanted to have a sad song playing in the background, or if I wanted my characters to share dialogue throughout the opening. My classmates told me that dialogue would be the better route to go because this way, I could establish characterization and character interests without literally saying it, as well as give the audience some knowledge about who these characters are apart from just visuals.
     First thing on screen- With my classmates's help, I have decided that the very first thing that the audience sees is an over-the-shoulder shot of the girl sitting on her bed looking down at her belongings on her hand. The shot will transform into a pan movement of her room displaying photographs of her and her boyfriend through the years. This will establish that the couple has been together for quite some time as the framed pictures progress from their young, elementary to middle school years all the way to their high school, teenage years. Also, this pan movement will allow me to show my skills when it comes to camera movement, as I recognize that camera movement is an extremely important feature to producing a good film opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment