Monday, March 28, 2016

My first problem...

     As I have been getting ready to shoot my production this week, I started to get some items and objects, that will appear within my production, ready. While doing this, I encountered my first problem.
     As you all know, my plot will be a girlfriend who is forced to separate herself from her boyfriend because she is leaving to college. To create emphasis on their strong relationship, and to make the viewer understand exactly how tough it is for this couple to separate from one another, I wanted to display picture frames around the room showing their progression through the years as a couple, making it clear that this couple have been together for a REALLY long time. My problem: I do not know a single teen couple that has been together for many years, long enough to have pictures with each other from their elementary/middle school years.
     Now, I will have to think of a way to go back in time, make a couple fall in love with each other, make sure that they take many pictures together, wait a few years to get back to this moment, and utilize those pictures for my film opening. I'm on it.

3 comments:

  1. You have a good blog and idea, but you have to speed it up a little faster. You should set a deadline for when you need the script done like this weekend. The actor thing with the pictures is not very smart. You should just find actors and make pictures of them. It’s going to take too long to actually find a couple that's been together for years. You can pictures of the two actors when they were young and put them together. The target audience is great. I like how you want it to be watched by more men, but don't make that your main focus. Just get the script and actors chosen by sunday, Start film next week and you will be golden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overall I enjoyed the content of your blog, your posts are concise and go straight to the point. I really like how you included so much research and inspiration for your story. I think that it is such a good idea to target the male audience, but It might not be a very important part in this process. By making the film not too girly and relatable, It might relate to male teens on its own just how it relates to you, also being a male teen.
    For the problem you mentioned above, my group and I thought of some simple ways that might help you get past them. You mentioned how you were having problems with the images you wanted to show since you wanted them to show a relationship that has lasted for a long time. Although it would be a plus if you could find a couple that has been together for years, I feel like that would be doing extra work. You can cast your actors and take your own pictures of them and that way the pictures would look just as you would want them to. If you also want images of them as children you could also try getting individual photos of both the actress and the actor in middle school and posting them together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've looked through all of your blog and really like what I see. All of the research that you put in has really showed in the creation of your story. Romantic dramas are often thought to only target females so I'm glad that you are trying to target more than just the female audience. For the problem you were having with the picture, I would try to find a way to not include that picture Bessie it's gonna be very difficult to find a couple that has picture together when they were younger. You could ask each for a picture of them as children and just photoshop it together but I don't know if you know how to use photoshop. Your posting schedule is great and the script is very helpful for when you start shooting (which you should behind doing soon). I'm very excited to see your finished product, I love romantic dramas!

    ReplyDelete