Thursday, March 24, 2016

How Research Affected My Production..

     The whole point of gathering research is so one could take the valuable information and apply it to their own product in order to get a better product. Therefore, with the research provided within my last post, I decided to make another blog posting in where I point out specific traits that make a film a romantic drama and how my film will meet those requirements.
     So as mentioned in my last post, this audience is looking to see a conflict, a problem that will make the relationship, that the film is based on, different from the rest and worthwhile to watch a film for. In my film, the problem that the couple has to face is that they are forced to separate and battle the coming of age and temptations of college to maintain their relationship.
     Most male audience members dislike romantic dramas because they say they are too boring, non-relatable, and "all the same." In order to fix this issue, male audience members will be attracted by relatable, college party scenes that will involve alcohol, drug, and sexual temptations that will make my film unique and more desirable to watch since these scenes are "fun to watch." Also, for male teenagers, this is something they can relate to because, whether it is a girlfriend, friends or family members, incoming college freshman are forced to separate from the people they see on a daily basis and meet other people.  
     For my scene, the actors will be high school seniors (American) that will go to college in the upcoming fall. This will attract a teenage audience since they will feel the film relates to them.
     Although I decided to not utilize music throughout my entire opening since I wanted to place dialogue in order to establish characterization, I MIGHT include a bit of music on the last scene of my opening when the girl is leaving in the car on her way to college. This is meant to create an emotional mood and create the atmosphere of the problems that will come throughout the remaining of this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment