Friday, July 5, 2019

19A- Idea Napkin No. 2

Me.
     Just your average, regular college student with an internship and passion and determination to succeed and have constant improvement to maximize my happiness. 
     I love sports a lot and am hoping to continue my pursuit of establishing myself in the sports industry. My goal would be to become the head coach of a professional soccer team in Europe or the Venezuelan (where I am from) national team. Much of my feedback included people commenting on my passion for sports which was cool since I would have a topic of conversation with possible investors. 
     Entrepreneurship has really never been my passion so I will most likely be discontinuing this idea. However, if I were to do it, I would probably look for investors to then sell the company or product. 

What am I offering to customers?

     The product is a SmartSofa, which is a sofa, bed, or any type of sitting furniture that has a bluetooth pairing to the TV, in order to eliminate the existence of a control remote. The 'new' control remote will be attached through a retractable chord to the sofa, in order to be able to pull it out and retract it back to the Sofa, or its' 'keeping' spot. 

Who am I offering it to?

     The product will be offered to individuals, families as well as businesses. More specifically, the product's main target market will be the group of people who watch TV as they are falling asleep, or like to take mid-day naps on the couch. However, the product is not limited to these users as anyone can relate to purchasing a better sofa. 

Why do they care?

      Customers will have an interest in my product because it will eliminate a bug in their life which is that they have to constantly look for the control remote when it falls under the pillows or sheets or it is in an unknown location.
     One of the feedbacks that I received was someone who asked: "Can't you just tie a rope to the Sofa and the control remote?" The answer is yes, you can. However, I do not know how good this would look, or if any businesses would adopt that idea and save money but appear less professional. The product could be labeled as a "luxury" item, which means that consumers who purchase this are not necessarily trying to save money, but just overall buy a good, modern-day sofa or furniture.

What are my core competencies?

      What sets me apart from everyone else is that it is a unique product, that solves a lifetime bug, that nobody has. I built a LEGO the other day for the first time in years. Now, it comes with a little tool that makes unsticking the pieces easier. It eliminated a bug. This product will do the same and that is why it is different. Also, this product has the potential of expansion.

I think all of these elements fit well together because the product can be targeted to so many different markets. While there are big competitors, no one will offer what the SmartSofa can offer. Next, I would like to investigate what the price for this product would be. Hopefully, it could be cheap so I can establish a base of consumers and get the word around about my product.


Feedback Memo:

- I received feedback on my sports interest, which was cool because a lot of people watch sports in their couches and I think it is a great topic of conversation with anyone.
- I also received feedback that there is a way less expensive solution to this problem, which would be to just tie a rope. However, this would probably not look as good as I explained above.

3 comments:

  1. I did not know that your product was bluetooth. That would be very interesting. That would be pretty cool, then you would never have to even have a remote. Watching sports on your couch would be the best. If there could be built in speakers in the couch, your couch would be the peak of luxury for the modern person. I agree with your statement, that attaching a remote to a string would look bad. Trust me, it does. I have it like that at my house so it doesn't get lost and it looks very dumb. Your invention really does eliminate the bug of having to find the lost remote. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Diego,
    I liked your bluntness about how you were not continuing to advance your education in this field. In Addition, I also enjoyed learning about your product. A smart couch/bed/chair would be a cool concept to invent and bring into homes across the globe today. I think this would be great in eliminating the need for a remote or having to go through a constant struggle of losing the remote under the bed, cushions, or hiding it from children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Diego! I'm still a big fan of your product because when im home from college my parents are always misplacing the two remotes in the living room. I like your career aspirations to become a soccer coach for a professional organization as I'm also an avid soccer fan. If you do turn out to follow the entrepreneurship path, then good luck on securing some investors for this product.

    ReplyDelete