Friday, July 19, 2019

25A- What's Next?

Existing Market
     After gathering the countless data that I have received from my friends and family, my own observations, classmates, professors and teachers, and industry professionals, I can say that the future looks bright for myself and my product.
     With so many technological changes coming into the world today, this just fits the need. Everyone I have talked to has experienced losing their control remote and spending minutes, hours if necessary, trying to find a control remote in order to change the channel on the TV or lower the volume. The professionals whom I spoke to this week about my product mentioned that I should really be trying to look into selling whole packages to houses specifically, that is, sell the products as packages for one house. That way, the bed, chairs, desks maybe, anything would all be a SmartSofa product. I also expanded on my ideas to expand the product and try to fix many needs with the product. They wold me that it was a great idea but to not expect to release all products that would appeal to everyone.
     I think all of these ideas combined are a great source of knowledge that can definitely help me to take this product and company in the right direction.

New Market
     For my radically different market, I imagined someone that does not watch TV and spends most of their time outdoors. I also thought that the MAIN consumer base of my product would be individuals, so I had to come up with a business that spends most of their time outdoors. Tour guides. I talked with some of UCF's (I live in Orlando) campus tour guides to see what they thought of the product.
     I would think that this creates no value for them because their consumers are mostly on their feet and looking to see the campus rather than sitting comfortably in a room. Maybe, I thought, it could be used as a rest space while on campus tours.
     After speaking to the UCF tour guides, I learned that before every tour they take their consumers to a movie-theater like room, with many chairs and a big screen, and here they teach the possible students and parents about the numbers side of the school and rankings. They told me that this product could be used here as many parents and students are looking for how "luxurious" a school might be. Having SmartSofa chairs instead of normal chairs can look good for a school in the eyes of an applicant. They mentioned that the product would have to be very visually appealing and fit in with the rest of the room.
     I was very surprised that they were kind enough to really take my questions into consideration and actually come up with a possibility for the use of this product. Even though it had nothing to do with the main aspect which is a retractable remote, it made me really think about style and how visually appealing the product has to be. This new market, however, is still not as appealing as the rest of the existing market.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Diego! I like the idea of bundling your product with other pieces of furniture in a house that your existing market gave you. That would be a good way to increase the amount of revenue that you are bringing in as well as diversify from just the couch idea. Either way, the idea of the smart couch remains very clever as almost every person could get behind the concept as long as the price fits the value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Diego,
    I think that not only is this an awesome idea but is so creative and innovative and will surely have a place in modern households world wide. I liked how you spoke to a different market and chatted and learned through the tour guides at UCF. If those can be used there it could probably be used in other spots like movie theaters and other seating spaces.

    ReplyDelete